Hey babes, if you only have a few minutes and don’t have time to read my 8-part Blogging 101 series… don’t worry!
I have summed up my blogger must-haves and necessities in this post to help you get started on launching your very own blog. Whether you are a fashionista, foodie lover, or photographer looking to inspire others, this blogger ‘toolbox’ (if you will), should give you the tools to kick-off your killer site.
- Grab one of these blogger-bibles to help with any additional questions you may have when getting started!
The Essential Habits of 6-Figure Bloggers, Learn How to Become a Blogger, Blogging for Beginners
- Purchase a domain from Google Domains or Go Daddy.
- Lock down a hosting platform and pay for the yearly membership (it’s cheaper). My favorite is BlueHost.
- Create your actual website with WordPress (avoid Wix at all costs!!).
- Pick a website template to make things easy. My favorites? Elegant Themes OR 17th Avenue
- Now, create your content. Be prepared to have 10-15 blog posts ready to go when you press PUBLISH. Oh, and don’t forget appealing photos!
- Alright, sorry ya’ll. There’s TOOOO many SEO tips for this quick summary, so I am going to ask you to refer to my blog post here.
- Set up your social media and add them to your site!! You will need to publish daily on these accounts to help send traffic to your URL. Refer to How to Be Insta-Famous if you want to step up your Instagram game! Use scheduling websites such as LaterGram!
- Be prepared to monetize when ready. YUS to passive income! Use affiliate marketing to gain commission on purchases people make through your site. My favorite affiliate platforms include Like2Kn.it // RewardStyle.
I hope this helps, and for the record… I believe in you! <3